Saturday, January 8, 2011

~Happy Birthday to Me~

Hi everyone, Happy New Year!

I realize I'm quite behind on my posting but in effort to catch up, here are some pictures from my birthday party.  I'd been looking at a lot of pictures of dessert tables and wanted to try making one myself.  I didn't pull off a red/yellow/orange color theme as clearly as I would've liked (my excuses mainly consist of a very stringent budget...but I know that's just an excuse) but I'm still pretty happy with how it turned out.  I actually had more dishes than would fit on the table so the quiche and the cheese gougeres didn't make it into the pictures but they were still enjoyed by all.  Thanks to everyone who came and celebrated my birthday with me!

Green Tea Mini Cream Puffs

Chocolate Cupcakes w/ Vanilla Buttercream Frosting & Chocolate Ganache

Caramel 4 layer cake

Mini Orange Cupcakes

Brownies, Pumpkin Seed Brittle, Dulce de Leche filled butter cookies

I also made regular mini cream puffs

Mini Pomegranate Panna Cotta cups

I had to practice macarons too!  Rasberry, Caramel, Pumpkin

I also made mini chiffon tartlets and fresh fruit tartlets.

There were mini triple mousse cups too (caramel, chocolate, and vanilla layers)
It was a bit of work to do all of this but I had fun doing it, and learned a lot too!  Hopefully I'll have another chance to do this but perhaps with sliiiightly fewer dishes.  I wish I had a picture of the quiche and the gougeres but they were devoured before I could snap some.  Next time!

1 comment:

  1. wow! happy birthday!! that dessert table looks amazing... like a professional! :) definitely can tell all the hard work you put into it all... amazing amazing amazing!

    ReplyDelete